Sandia National Laboratories Engineering & Construction Program/Project Lead (Experienced) - Oak Ridge, TN in Unidentified, New Mexico
We are seeking an Engineering and Construction Program/Project Lead to join our dynamic team!
On any given day, the selected candidate may be called on to:
- Provided construction management services to ensure that physical security projects at customer locations are completed safely, on time, and under budget.
- Ensures compliance with Sandia Corporation, and environment, safety, and health requirements to safely and effectively develop and deliver completed construction projects.
- Leads all aspects of construction of customer funded and capital investment program projects.
- Provides proper coordination with the construction management support and inspection service contractors to effectively schedule and manage all construction work.
- Develops an integrated construction contractor schedule to manage all work as a program aligned to an assigned geographic area or team.
Additional responsibilities of the selected applicant may include:
- Receives work from the project manager and executes project development, delivery, and close out tasks.
- Updates the project manager on scope, cost, schedule, and quality for all assigned projects.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously and provides solutions to issues in a timely manner.
- Follows Sandia Corporation, Facilities Management and Operations Center, and environment, safety, and health requirements.
- Ensures that customer needs are satisfied through the creation of trust-based relationships.
- Holds preconstruction conference and construction progress reviews.
- Understands contract terms and conditions and oversees design and construction performance.
- Identifies and prepares design and construction changes.
- Reviews design and construction schedules and invoices and recommends action.
- Ensures coordination of all project work during electrical and mechanical outages and coordinates work activities to ensure critical customer work continues.
- Monitors contract warranty requirements and coordinates follow- up.
- Ensures safety on all projects and responds to safety and code violations.
- Identifies and resolves construction and safety issues and report concerns to the project manager
- Supports any investigations, audits, or occurrences.
- Coordinates exterior work with the utility and civil infrastructure departments.
- Align with established processes and provides evaluations on process inefficiencies, barriers, and improvement opportunities.
Ability to live in Oak Ridge TN, or the surrounding area.
- Bachelors degree in STEM or construction management
- Five years' experience as construction manager or construction project manager
- Can obtain Q clearance
- Experience managing capital line item projects
- Ten years construction manager experience
- OSHA 30 training
- Ability to obtain a Project Management Professional (PMP) credential through the Project Management Institute, a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential through the Construction Management Association of America, or an equivalent certification
We are a component of Sandia's Weapons & Force Protection Center and are responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of complex physical security systems to protect critical DoD and DOE assets and defense capabilities. We provide project management and domain specialists in the area of risk analysis, intrusion detection, video assessment, communications, entry control and Alarm Communication and Display, and response force planning. These domain specialists are developed internally with extensive hands on training and external educational opportunities. Department employees have the ability to lead and/or participate as an authority in vulnerability/risk analysis studies, engineering studies, system design, Sensor and access control component testing, development, and integration of complex physical security systems (PSS) for DoD, DOE and other government agencies. Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, and Civil Engineers primarily fill these roles. This department is currently working with the DOE, US Navy, US Air Force, and US Army to enhance the effectiveness of critical asset protection at CONUS/OCONUS installations through many multi-million dollar initiatives.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.