Sandia National Laboratories Computer Hardware Support Technologist (Experienced) - Amarillo, TX in Pantex, Texas
We are seeking a Computer Hardware Support Technologist to help maintain the health and security of this network, potentially troubleshoot computer issues with systems on the network, and perform routine computer maintenance on desktop machines and servers. The Weapons Evaluation Test Lab (WETL) department is responsible for collecting high quality data in a laboratory environment. This data is collected by a series of complex test systems and transmitted over a network to a final storage location for further analysis. The Integrated Stockpile Evaluation (ISE) Planning, Information and Data Systems Department is responsible for the network and related security plans required to permanently store the data created at WETL.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues with desktop computers and servers
- Execute measures called out in the security plan to include timely scans of network resources and applying required software patches
- Act as on-call support for data transmission issues
- Act as on-call support for network issues
- High school diploma plus 3 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware and software for desktop computers and servers
- Experience with Linux based operating systems (Red Hat and Ubuntu)
- Active US DOE Q security clearance
- Experience executing Operations and Maintenance procedures for computer networks
- Experience in troubleshooting network issues
- Experience in IT operations maintenance including patching, anti-virus and scanning
- Experience with network security plans and adhering to requirements of security plans
The Weapons Evaluation Test Lab (WETL)
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT