Sandia National Laboratories Test Engineer (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a R&D S&E, Mechanical Engineering
We are looking for a test engineer to join our team and support qualification efforts for a novel structural component being developed for a current Life Extension Program (LEP). This critical role will require a leader to demonstrate that product design intent will be met with ample margin by leading a team of product fabrication and test engineers through a thoroughly vetted qualification process.
This position requires less than 25% time traveling to Albuquerque, NM and Kansas City, MO
We are looking for an engineer with:
- Desire to work on a fast paced product development team
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and on multidisciplinary teams to ensure the needs of all stakeholders are being me
- Experience coordinating, planning and overseeing test efforts
- The ability to understand component requirements, and how particular tests satisfy product acceptance and qualification needs
- Masters degree in engineering or physical science and 5+ years of experience or Bachelors and 7+ years of experience
- Ability to obtain a DOD Q clearance
- Experience writing test plans and designing test fixtures
- Experience collecting and analyzing data
- Experience coordinating multiple stakeholders (hardware, test facilities, customer etc)
- Experience with product qualification processes, test scoping, execution, and documentation
- Experience with shock, vibration, and/or thermal test planning and execution
- Experience with EMR/EMI test planning and execution
- Strong communication skills
The Weapons Subsystems 3 designs, prototypes and supports mechanical weapon subsystems for high consequence applications requiring exceptionally high confidence, quality and reliability. These projects support a broad mission space including assets that are critical to U.S. national security.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.