Sandia National Laboratories Telemetry Project Manager (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Project Manager for our Telemetry (TM) project management team to work across a few of our inter-lab Joint Test Assembly (JTA) projects supporting a variety of stockpile systems. Are you experienced at managing projects and passionate about your work? This could be the role for you!
In this role, you will be responsible for the accountability for managing these projects through to successful demonstration and completion in coordination with technical teams. The PM job responsibilities include budget and schedule ownership, risk assessments, earned value management (EVM), projections, variance analysis, project/program/portfolio integration, and/or technical project reviews with both external and internal customers alike. This role is closely integrated with technical project teams to manage both the long-term vision and the day-to-day activities of the team, and report on these activities to the appropriate partners and customers.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Partner with technical staff, project leads, project management team members, and management to make recommendations and implement project controls products or processes.
- Work closely with technical leads and engineering staff to analyze scope and plan the appropriate work, schedule, and budget in an Earned Value (EV) environment.
- Ensure compliance with all customer requirements and internal corporate requirements, while assessing feasibility and negotiating any changes with management and stakeholders.
- Proactively assess project risks and opportunities; develop and lead programmatic processes; and facilitate collaboration and cross-functional integration.
- Manage communication to external and internal program customers, sponsors, and partners.
- Provide leadership to all internal and external reviews, assessments, and audits.
- Collaborate with counterparts and technical staff on day-to-day programmatic activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field plus five or more years of experience in Project Management; or Master's degree in relevant field plus one or more years of experience in Project Management.
- Experience with standard project management practices (and subject matter expertise in some), such as project plan development, integration management, scope management, project scheduling, cost estimation and management, quality assurance, resource management, communications planning and management, risk and opportunity management, and procurement management.
- Proficiency in tools and applications commonly employed in project management activities, such as Primavera P6.
- Experience making risk-informed decisions and communicating across project areas.
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Weapons complex, the product realization process, and the Realize Product Procedures (RPPs).
- Active Q or Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) and associated systems, configuration management, budgeting, and quality assurance.
- Experience working with external and internal customers and National Laboratory partners, such as LANL or KCNSC.
- Ability to acquire PMP certification or equivalent.
- Experience proposing and implementing programmatic processes and procedures.
- Experience working nuclear weapon programs/projects at the system and component levels.
- Strong teaming skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with management, other organizations, project sponsors, customers and suppliers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Org 8154 (NW Project Management) provides science & engineering project management, project management, and project controls for Center 8400’s Telemetry and Weapon Subsystems departments. Our team is matrixed to these two areas vital to the Nuclear Deterrence mission, and we have a dedicated group of individuals from diverse backgrounds supporting national security.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.