Sandia National Laboratories Tactical Space Planner (Experienced) in Livermore, California
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues and challenges for our nation’s security?
We are seeking an experienced Tactical Space Planner. You will be responsible for the day to day (immediate) and short-term management of space and will support strategic space planners in space solutions. You will be responsible for a specific portfolio of space and a customer base for which they are responsible.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct space utilization studies to include laboratory, office, storage and conference rooms. A complete space audit will be conducted annually.
Understand the following:
All space types, design basis of spaces and occupancy within their assigned portfolio.
- All building systems to ensure that HVAC, electrical and communication infrastructure, and physical layout will meet customer needs and expectations.
- Communicate and coordinate space needs, requests and modifications with building operations teams.
- Develop the scope and budget, and authorize space modifications; coordinate and oversee the project execution with Facilities Express and contractors.
- Assign all space within their portfolio, based on customer need. Know the flux of staff and their space requirements (i.e., new hires, transfers in and students that are coming in – interviewed, accepted, on role, as well as retirees and transfers out).
- Team with other Tactical Planners and Strategic Space Planners to develop and implement a cohesive space strategy for the CA site. This includes cross-Center space management options, recommendations, and solutions to increase space utilization. These solutions may include: consolidations, modifications, reconfigurations, and repurposing of space, and co-location of organizations and functions.
- Negotiate customer requirements and limitations.
- Direct and coordinate office moves within their portfolio with Sandia’s personnel moves team.
- Update Tririga space information database system and related information technology applications for their assigned portfolio.
- Review project and facility drawings and floor plans and work with the Computer Aided Drafting and Design team to ensure all space within their assigned portfolio are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain space reports and metrics for their assigned portfolio, to include adherence to DOE orders and reporting schedules.
- Conduct analyses for Preliminary Real Estate Plans (PREPs), Division Facility and Infrastructure (F&I) Plans, the DOE Facility Information Management System (FIMS), and other plans and studies, as requested.
- Requires high school diploma, or equivalent, and eight or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using IBM Facilities Management System (TRIRIGA) or similar software system
- Experience with interior design spatial analysis of furniture and office layouts
- Demonstrated experience managing complex logistics and implementing project management practices
- Knowledge and experience in database management, Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Sandia's facility and operational policies, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of legal requirements and environmental impacts affecting facility management and operations
- Experience or familiarity with GIS system software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or other three-dimensional modeling software (e.g. SketchUp)
- Ability to collect, manage and analyze data, create graphs and tables, prepare reports, and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Ability to read engineering schematics and architectural drawings, including design details and specifications
- Ability to clearly communicate the status of reporting and deliverables
- Ability to exercise initiative as well as the acumen to manage and complete multiple priorities
The Partnership and Planning Department supports the mission by establishing long range planning & investment strategies and implementation plans. The team develops and maintains effective strategic customer partnerships and integrates facilities & infrastructure plans into the investment and planning strategies. The team also provides space management, condition, and energy assessments of the facilities and site infrastructure.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.