Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to apply technical judgment, skills, and experience to design and manage Sandia / California’s corporate networks for our site, institution, and programmatic customers.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Design, implement, and maintain multiple networks for institutional use.
- Lead a team of knowledgeable, proficient staff in daily network management tasks.
- Improve networking capability using advanced network processes and technologies.
- Coordinate with colleagues across Sandia and the DOE to ensure robust and reliable networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science or relevant technical discipline with at least five years' relevant experience; or master's degree in these disciplines with at least two years' relevant experience; or Ph.D. in these disciplines.
- Experience in leading high performing, diverse, technical teams.
- Experience in the following areas: (1) network systems, (2) boundary controllers (e.g., firewalls & VPN controllers), (3) Cisco routers (e.g., router configuration, IOS, routing protocols), and (4) network applications (e.g., DNS, e-mail, and NTP), working knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols, (5) IPv4 Protocol, and (6) experience with UNIX (e.g., LINUX) operating systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain U.S. DOE Q and SCI security clearances.
- Desired qualifications include (1) demonstrated project management skills and (2) knowledge of cyber security technologies and tools, (3) 802.1x, (4) multicast, (5) QoS, (6) software defined networking, (7) VoIP, (8) IPv6, (9) data center operating principles, integration, and migration, (10) green-field builds, (11) disaster recovery and backup capability, (12) ITIL understanding and implementation
- Current Q Clearance desired
The Communication and Network Systems Department provides vital services for Sandia's California Laboratory. These services include telecommunication infrastructure, computer networks, and cyber/SCI security resources. The telecommunications services ranges from providing advanced mobile devices to the most protected communication systems available to satisfy our customer's needs. The multi-layer networking infrastructure utilizes the latest technology specializing in high speed communications and advanced infrastructure management. Our Cyber/SCI Security programs provide the assurance that all aspects of our California Laboratory are appropriately managed. Our organization's responsibility includes design, implementation, maintenance, and customer service of each element of our business. Emphasis is placed on cost effectiveness, reliable services, innovation solutions, and teamwork. Our organization provides a wide range of opportunities for career development in the expanding fields of communications, computer networks and security disciplines.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT