Sandia National Laboratories Senior Facility Engineer (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Senior Facilities Engineer to join our team.
Using engineering and related technical expertise, works with the customer to define and negotiate physical operations services/system requirements to enable mission function and performance. Partners with Facilities Planners to develop demand planning and conceptual project requirements to meet customer and mission support requirements, defines the necessary requirements and resources to enable successful project execution, and leads recovery efforts (managing, analyzing, and capturing learnings) from off-normal events. Applies expertise and experience in one or more engineering disciplines to make judgments crucial to enable the facility delivery of mission requirements. Integrate Facilities and other physical operation services to optimize service delivery and seamlessly integrate services to provide the most effective integrated solution for the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline (such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering; or closely-related field, such as Architecture) plus five or more years of experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of building codes and standards
- Ability to make decisions requiring sound scientific or engineering judgment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to successfully plan, organize, lead, and monitor team efforts to completion
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to work complex issues/problems across different organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Q-level DOE security clearance
- Pursuit/completion of an advanced technical degree in Engineering or closely related field
- Experience in facilities design and construction industry best practices and standards
- Formal credential in Facilities Management, such as: Facilities Management Professional (FMP, IFMA), Certified Facility Manager (CFM, IFMA), Certificate in Facilities Management (from an accredited institution), Facilities Management Certificate (FMC, BOMI International), Facilities Management Administrator (FMA, BOMI International).
- Experience negotiating and writing technical documents and agreements (i.e. operating agreements, contracts, Facility Use Permits) with customers.
- Experience within a laboratory environment
The Customer Operations Department is responsible for providing Operational, Systems, and Maintenance Engineering solutions and support throughout the CA site with intentional alignment to Mission Areas and Site Planning. The team coordinates planned reliability-based operations, provides maintenance support, and manages all service and utility contracts. The department also supports the organization with records management and material management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.