Sandia National Laboratories R&D Electronics Engineer (Experienced) in Livermore, California
Department 8211 supports a range of product-focused, engineering activities for National security-related applications. These activities span all phases of the product life-cycle from concept exploration to production, deployment, and sustainment. The Department specializes in systems engineering for urgently-needed capabilities requiring high confidence, quality, and reliability. Specific activities include performing project management, developing requirements and concepts of operation, performing trade studies, generating technical documentation, leading system design activities, developing and testing prototype systems, overseeing production activities, qualifying systems, assessing system reliability and performance, operationally fielding and supporting capabilities, and performing configuration management. This work is executed with an array of mission partners across a spectrum of security boundaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, plus five or more years of experience or equivalent: advanced degree in relevant discipline; or engineering experience that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform independent research and development
- Experience working on engineering design, qualification, production, or related modeling/simulation projects.
- Works well in team-oriented environment and work cooperatively with other internal organizations, as well as external production facilities and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skill.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Active DOE Q or DoD TS security clearance.
- Academic or job experience in areas such as: analog circuit design, RF system design, embedded system design, electromagnetic radiation (EMR) effects on electronics.
- Experience with electronic device production processes and testing
- Experience with testing electronics, with clear mastery of tools such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, etc.
- Experience with soldering, building cables and fixtures for testing purposes.
- Experience with design and analysis tools (e.g. Matlab and LabVIEW)
- Experience with qualification testing
- Experience with troubleshooting and performing failure analysis on electronic devices
- Experience with electrical and/or mechanical CAD tools.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT