Sandia National Laboratories R&D, Electronics Design Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
Our department is seeking electrical engineers to join multidisciplinary teams that are designing and developing advanced electronic systems. Qualified engineers will be asked to employ state-of-the-art technology to develop a variety of high-reliability electronic subsystems. Skills important to our design and development work in these areas include embedded-system design skills with experience in FPGA and/or microcontroller design, analog- and digital-circuit design, RF communications, DSP, or power supply design. Each engineer will work as an integral part of a team to define the requirements, create the system design, implement design methodology, build the prototype, ground-test the system, and support the actual full-up system test. Successful candidates will have opportunities to grow and mature into significant responsibility.
- Master's or Ph. D degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 year of experience
- Experience in digital or analog design or sensor system development
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance.
- FPGA design or verification experience
- Direct experience in designing electronic system hardware outside of academic setting.
- Embedded System Design experience
Department 8212 designs, tests, and deploys advanced electronic systems for various national security applications. The department has a broad mix of skills and technical resources in areas such as digital communications, sensors, radio frequency (RF)/microwave, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) design, power supply technology, general electronics-circuit design, digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and coding, mechanical design and analysis, and systems engineering.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT