Sandia National Laboratories Project Manager (Experienced) in Livermore, California
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Lead and coordinate a broad set of priority initiatives spanning project development, physical campus planning and management, infrastructure and investment planning, project and construction management, procurement, and stakeholder engagement
- Lead and integrate teams across a number of functions and disciplines
- Work effectively at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Utilize your excellent quantitative as well as written and oral communciation skills
- Technical or business bachelor’s degree and five years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Track record of successful delivery of complex, large-scale projects with numerous stakeholders
- The ability to lead and coordinate teams across many disciplines
- Experience with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to exercise initiative, as well as the acumen to manage and complete multiple priorities
- Expertise to translate strategies into action plans and follow through to completion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams and multiple levels of management
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts, as well as an eagerness to conduct research to develop deeper understanding of technical concepts
- Relevant advanced degree and/or relevant professional certifications
- Facilities management experience in planning, execution, and/or operations
- Experience in the tech industry, government laboratories, and/or federal agencies
- Willingness to be held accountable for overall project execution; including when either project risks become realized or project schedule is delayed due to factors seemingly outside of the project manager’s control
- Ability to influence others in a professional manner in order to achieve positive project outcomes
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning
- Quantitative skills, particularly for infrastructure planning and requirements analysis needs
The Partnership and Planning Department supports the mission by establishing long range planning & investment strategies and implementation plans. The team develops and maintains effective strategic customer partnerships and integrates facilities and infrastructure plans into the investment and planning strategies. The team also provides space management, condition, and energy assessments of the facilities and site infrastructure.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.