Sandia National Laboratories Project Controller (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking Project Controllers for several departments at our California site. Are you interested in implementing and improving project management services for your assigned programs? You would join our dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to use your experience to provide detailed analysis and recommendations to leadership.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of risks on the W87-1.
- Team with technical staff, project leads and managers to make recommendations within risk management.
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of project status using project management tools such as Primavera P6 and ARM-11.
- Work with the project technical leads to execute project management activities including project plan development, project monitoring and control, and integrated change control.
- Research, assemble, and evaluate project information or data and recommend sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Facilitate and manage internal team communications and meetings.
- Revise the schedule status as required, produce reports, and track variances and recommends corrective actions
- Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets, work package agreements, and monthly cost variance reports.
- Help administer change control to schedule and budgets, ensuring that all changes are documented via the appropriate change control process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree in relevant discipline plus 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance
- Active Q or Top Secret clearance
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Weapons complex and product realization process
- Experience working with the Department of Energy, the National Nuclear Security Administration, or the Department of Defense
- Project management education and certification(s)
- Experience and familiarity with scheduling tools and Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology
- Experience in formal risk management
- Ability to effectively team, communicate, and collaborate with technical staff, management, customers, and partners at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience leading projects throughout all phases: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, Closing
The Sandia California site has multiple Project Management departments within the Nuclear Deterrence Portfolio. The W87-1 Project Management department is responsible for providing Project Management expertise to the W87-1 Modification Program system team at Sandia National Laboratories. The department is also an integral part of the Division 8000 Nuclear Deterrence (ND) Project Management Office (PMO). The NW Programs are responsible for assuring the safety, reliability and security of U.S. nuclear weapons, enabling the defense of our nation through our nuclear strategic deterrent. Informed with professional expertise in programmatic disciplines, the department provides and employs project management (PM) resources to plan, execute, manage, and report scope, cost, schedule, performance, requirements, risk and opportunities management, aspects of quality assurance, and information management functions associated with the W87-1. This team partners with the System Engineering team and provides knowledge of PM methodologies and tools to enable the technical line organizations to perform, oversee, and execute the scope for the W87-1.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.