Sandia National Laboratories Project Controller (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a dedicated and ambitious Project Controller to work on project controls activities across Engineering Services. You will partner with Engineering Services Management, Technical Leads, Project Managers and other Project Controllers across various programs. The selected Project Controller will participate in demand planning activities as well as maintain and develop outward looking integrated schedules tracking equipment utilization within Engineering Services. This role may include Senior Manager interactions and occasional direct customer interface.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Plan, monitor, control, and report on cost/schedule/scope
- Work with Schedule Teams on programs utilizing Engineering Services
- Manage communication to program/project partners and customers
- Ensure that all work is identified, defined, and appropriately managed
- Maintain data integrity of program information
- Support all internal and external reviews, assessments, and audits where needed
- Identify and implement new processes where needed, including improvements to existing processes wherever possible
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree in relevant discipline plus 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with a major scheduling tool, such as Primavera P6
- Active U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Weapons complex and product realization process.
- Experience working with the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration, or Department of Defense.
- Project management education and certification(s)
- Experience with Earned Value Management principles and methodology.
- Proficiency in tools and applications commonly employed in project management activities.
- Experience with Primavera P6
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with management, other organizations, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
8158 (Mission Partners for 8400 ND) provides project management, project controls, and business operations support for Center 8400 (ND CA Weapon Components Engineering). 8158 also serves as a integration agent for 8400's infrastructure needs as part of Division 8000's Integrated Service Delivery model. Partnering with 8400 for mission success is our goal.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.