Sandia National Laboratories Process Engineer (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to help advance a unique technology from the proof-of-concept phase to be production-ready. This role will work with a multidisciplinary team, including Mechanical, Electrical, and Chemical Engineering SMEs. The project team has secured a new 5000-SF development laboratory, and requires a leader to evolve current processes and procedures, specify equipment to automate fabrication, and tailor process variables in the interest of reducing/controlling defects. The successful candidate will be instrumental in providing feedback to the design team and enabling our technology to be fabricated in a more consistent, cost-effective manner. Strong planning and communication skills are key for this role.
- BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, or comparable field, plus 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative development or production efforts
- Demonstrated experience linking product design requirements to process qualification activities
- Ability to obtain a DOE security clearance
- MS or PhD in Industrial, Manufacturing, or comparable field
- 10 or more years of experience
- Experience with quality management protocols such as APQP or 6 Sigma
- Working knowledge of NWC product realization procedures
- Experience with automated manufacturing processes such as 3D printing, and paint deposition
- Ability to quickly and effectively down select /defend critical design or process decisions
- Experience working with skilled labor: soliciting feedback, setting expectations, managing schedules
- Ability to coordinate data collection and documentation as an effective communication tool to augment decision-making in a team environment
The Weapon Subsystems 4 department develops and supports advanced electronic and mechanical subsystems for high consequence applications requiring exceptionally high confidence, quality and reliability. These projects enhance the safety and security of assets that are critical to US national security, including the nation's nuclear weapons stockpile.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.