Sandia National Laboratories Physical Security Systems Specialist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Physical Security Systems Specialist
Are you passionate about your work? Do you want to join a diverse team that solves challenging issues for our nation's security? If so, you could be the Physical Security Systems Specialist we are seeking to join Sandia's dynamic Security Operations team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Plan, coordinate, install, upgrade or maintain physical security systems and equipment.
- Define security system standards, policies, required upgrades, maintenance and day-to-day management of all security systems.
- Support the development and implementation of vulnerability and risk assessments.
- Provide system solutions to security concerns.
- Provide project planning, quality assurance and product research related to security systems.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
- Experience working as a security professional at a DOE or DOD facility with knowledge in physical and technical security systems.
- Technical security experience that includes designing security systems, advanced knowledge of computers and serving in the role of a systems administrator.
- Experience and training on OnGuard. Experience working in a classified environment that includes vault type rooms and other secured areas.
- Experience understanding and implementing DOE/NNSA orders, requirements and regulations.
Sandia Security Operations (SECOPS) protects people and assets to ensure mission success. SECOPS has responsibility for Physical Security, Classification, Classified Matter Protection and Control (CMPC), Operations Security (OPSEC), Security Awareness, the Security Incident Management Program (SIMP) and Emergency Management. SECOPS oversees Site Visitor Control and manages a 24/7 Protective Force.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.