Sandia National Laboratories Operations Lead in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Lead for our Mission Support operations center with experience in IT Computing Infrastructure. You will have overall responsibility for the execution of the operational missions that are conducted at the Mission Support operations center, which includes providing oversight, guidance, training, and mentoring to the 24/7/365 team. You will learn all missions being supported in the center and provide that insight to the team. You will ensure that all aspects of daily operational activities are performed while all mission requirements are met, as well as interface directly with customers on the execution of their missions. You will act as the primary interface to internal organizations that are developing new capabilities and support the Operations and Maintenance requirements including Information Technology systems, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering and Cyber/Physical Security.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
• Coordinate day-to-day activities of a 24/7 multi-customer mission support center
• Collaborate with capability development project managers and staff to represent operational requirements and processes
• Provide engineering mentorship and direction on maintenance and configurations of critical network infrastructure
• Provide operational and engineering input for IT system and critical physical infrastructure
• Coordinate resolution of technical issues between management, IT staff, system administers and configuration staff
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other technical discipline with at least five years’ relevant experience; ormaster's degree in relevant discipline plus two or more years experience; or doctorate in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in: leading or participating in operational missions; operating, configuring, maintaining, and resolving government networks, both classified and unclassified; cyber-security technologies and best-practices.
- Active U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
- Participation in random polygraph examinations.
- Ability to on-call for after-hours/weekend support of mission activities.
- Ability to travel to customer locations/meetings, as required.
- Experience creating and presenting briefings to leadership and key customer personnel
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience with current IT and networking technologies for real-time processing, continual monitoring, virtualization, high availability, and security
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or other technical discipline; professional experience can be waived with an appropriate advanced degree
The Special Programs Department (SPD) is responsible for managing and executing a variety of classified efforts at SNL's California site, including both Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs. These efforts entail providing communications services to a variety of customers. The SPD works closely with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Department of Defense (DoD), and Intelligence Community (IC) to accomplish these efforts.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT