Sandia National Laboratories Office Management Assistant in Livermore, California
8733 is seeking an Office Management Assistant to support 2 departments, each with 1 manager and approximately 20 staff. Under general direction, the successful candidate will provide complex interrelated administrative support and serve as the organization’s point of contact. The OMA is expected to project a positive, helpful, and professional image to visitors and callers while exercising discretion and judgment when handling high-level contacts and/or when exposed to sensitive material.
Duties include answering phone calls, making travel arrangements, keeping calendars, submitting vouchers, arranging meetings and special recognition ceremonies (including teleconferencing and videoconferencing), ordering office supplies, coordinating signature items, serving as the organization's point of contact for Sandia National Laboratories' Integrated Laboratory Management System, serving as the property and training coordinator, and serving as the information source on organizational policies and procedures. Expected to project a positive, helpful, and professional image to visitors and callers. Exercises some discretion and judgment when handling high-level contacts and when exposed to sensitive information.
Proficiency with common office software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and collaboration. Good interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to team effectively with managers, staff, other office management assistants, senior management assistants, and executive assistants. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently. Ability to ensure that the office functions efficiently.
On any given day, the OMA:
- Serves as a Primary and/or Alternate Classified Administrative Specialist.
- Orders equipment and office supplies.
- Arranges interviews.
- Provides backup support as needed to the Center OMA team.
- Collects and distributes the organization's mail on a daily basis.
- Assists with the management of office functions.
- Ensures timely submission of timesheets.
- Maintains office filing systems and databases.
- Serves as the organization's property coordinator.
- Provides professional administrative support to management and staff.
- Maintains manager’s calendar, schedules rooms for management and staff, and arranges special recognition ceremonies.
- Arranges meetings and tours, including for external visitors, coordinating incoming and outgoing badge requests and/or clearance transfers
- Arranges travel, including foreign travel, and submits vouchers.
- Serves as the information source on organizational policies and procedure
- High school diploma plus three or more years of directly related administrative or clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q security clearance.
- Active DOE Q security clearance.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to team effectively with managers, staff, other office management assistants, and senior management assistants;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently;
- Ability to ensure that the office functions efficiently.
Sandia/California’s Handling Gear and Joint Test Assembly (JTA) Department develops and supports advanced electronic and mechanical subsystems to support the Nuclear Weapons Program. Our group is responsible for handling gear, test gear, and weapon container development; certification; and stockpile support for all weapons in the nuclear stockpile. These responsibilities include ensuring that every weapon and weapon subsystem is managed, lifted, and transported in a safe and secure manner according to recognized standards. Our group is also responsible for JTAs, which are instrumented weapon configurations for flight tests jointly sponsored by the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy. These tests are used to confirm the performance of nuclear weapon systems in realistic flight environments. Such testing is critical to Sandia’s stockpile stewardship mission.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT