Sandia National Laboratories Office Management Assistant (Multiple openings within 8200) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Office Management Assistant (OMA)to work in the CA Weapon Systems Engineering center. The successful OMA will be asked to help efficiently run the day-to-day operations of working in a high security area. Partnering with managers, department staff and several matrixed staff from CA and NM. The successful OMA will perform work as the Classified Administrative Specialist (CAS) for the departments, manage property control and property reapplication, handle all purchase requisitions, purchase orders and pro-card purchases, order all general office supplies. The day-to-day operations will also include supporting highly utilized site computing and conferencing resources as well as R&D laboratories across site. Routine interactions will include NNSA/HQ, NNSA/NM, LLNL and all levels of SNL management from NM and CA.
The successful candidate will be expected to support delegated tasks from management, maintain managements calendars and support managements travel. Responsibility for planning and logistics for interview candidates, visitors and summer interns will be a regular part of the position.
An open and collaborative disposition is essential in this highly interactive position. This position also requires a proactive, well organized and discreet candidate with excellent listening and communication skills.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Answering phone calls, making travel arrangements, keeping calendars, submitting travel vouchers, arranging meetings and special recognition ceremonies (including teleconferencing and videoconferencing), ordering office supplies, coordinating signature items, serving as the organization's point of contact for Sandia National Laboratories' Integrated Laboratory Management System, assisting with property and training coordination, and serving as the information source on organizational policies and procedures.
- Partnering with management to track and coordinate meetings, tasks, visitors and travel. This includes maintaining multiple calendars, arranging tours and meetings, including for visitors from federal agencies, support for visiting managers, Senior Managers and Directors.
- Supporting a distributed network of associated laboratories
- High school diploma plus three or more years of directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Experience with professional business software such as timecards, procurement, expense reports, wiki, meta-groups;
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DOE Q security clearance.
- Experience working on classified networks
- Experience working with and handling classified
- Experience working with SNL/CMPC
- Experience supporting large multi-million dollar programs
- Experience with Sandia’s policies and procedures
The California Weapon Systems Engineering Center is responsible for assuring the safety, reliability and security of Sandia/California and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)-designed weapons in the U.S. nuclear weapon stockpile. Our three principal programmatic thrusts are: (1) stewardship of the enduring stockpile; (2) the safe, effective, and environmentally responsible dismantlement and disposal of weapons retired from the stockpile; and (3) innovation in new applications of warheads, components, and subsystems, and their production.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT