Sandia National Laboratories Networking Solutions Architect (Experienced) in Livermore, California
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking a Networking Solutions Architect.
Are you interested in designing the next network across a highly technical company such as Sandia? Do you want to lead a highly functional networking team in solving difficult problems? If so, this is the job for you!
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Design, implement, and maintain multiple networks for institutional use.
- Lead a team of knowledgeable, proficient staff in daily network management tasks.
- Improve networking capability using advanced network processes and technologies.
- Utilize your experience with operating-system platforms.
- Coordinate with colleagues across Sandia and the DOE to ensure robust and reliable networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science or relevant technical field with 5 or more years' relevant experience; or equivalent
- Experience in leading high performing, diverse, technical teams
- Experience in the following areas: (1) boundary controllers (e.g., firewalls & VPN controllers), (2) Arista or Cisco routers (e.g., router configuration, IOS, routing protocols), (3) network applications (e.g., DNS, e-mail, and NTP), and (4) Working knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols
- Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. DOE Q and SCI security clearances
- Desired qualifications include (1) demonstrated project management skills, (2) knowledge of cyber security technologies and tools, (3) Multicast, (4) QoS, (5) Software Defined Networking, (6) VoIP, (7) IPv4/IPv6, and (8) Leaf & Spine architecture
- Current Q Clearance desired
The Communication and Network Systems Department provides vital services for Sandia's California Laboratory. These services include telecommunication infrastructure, computer networks, and cyber/SCI security resources. The telecommunications services ranges from providing advanced mobile devices to the most protected communication systems available to satisfy our customer's needs. The multi-layer networking infrastructure utilizes the latest technology specializing in high speed communications and advanced infrastructure management. Our Cyber/SCI Security programs provide the assurance that all aspects of our California Laboratory are appropriately managed. Our organization's responsibility includes design, implementation, maintenance, and customer service of each element of our business. Emphasis is placed on cost effectiveness, reliable services, innovation solutions, and teamwork. Our organization provides a wide range of opportunities for career development in the expanding fields of communications, computer networks and security disciplines.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.