Sandia National Laboratories Material Management Support (Experienced) in Livermore, California
Are you passionate about your work and want to join a dynamic and diverse team? If so, you could be the highly motivated Material Management Support individual we are seeking to join our team. You will be performing most of your work in a warehouse setting with minimal supervision. Environmental, Health, Safety and Security will always be the top priority in all work performed. You may also work in variable weather conditions.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform duties of contracting for Warehouse Operations, Fleet Administration, Corporate Storage Administration, Traffic Analyst Operations, Property Management, and Inventory Control
- Provide administrative assistance with other areas of Logistics using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Use a forklift, pallet jack or small tools
- Complete all required training and understand all policies and procedures associated with the function of the position. Training is required and audited before work will be performed.
- Utilize your knowledge of computer hardware and small tools
- High school diploma plus 3 or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience working in a warehouse (or similiar facility)
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Q-level security clearance
- Must be able to safely lift a maximum of 35 lbs
- Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations
- Must successfully complete all required training and comprehend and implement policies and procedures related to Material Management Support
- Forklift Certification
- Experience with Maximo
- Knowledge of Sandia National Laboratories, CA site,
- Experience with Warehouse Operations Purchasing, Fleet Administration, Property Management, Corporate Storage, Shipping and Receiving, and/or Inventory Control
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, detail oriented
The Logistics/Transports and Assets Team is responsible for providing a variety of logistics services for the California site including shipping, receiving, hazardous material transportation, mail services, material handling, fleet services, occupant relocations, event setups, corporate storage, and property management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.