Sandia National Laboratories Manager, Environmental Management in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Manager, Environmental Management to join our team!
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Sets direction for providing Environmental Management services for a 400 acre site that is comprised of sophisticated laboratories with hazardous materials.
- Develop proactive environmental management practices to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Be responsible for stewarding a variety of environmental disciplines. Key areas include air quality, stormwater runoff, pollution prevention, hazardous waste management, minimization of water, electricity, and gas usage.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field plus eight or more years of experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experienced and successful professional in field
- Passion for leadership and management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead people and guide teams
- Experience in developing partnerships with customers and stakeholders
- Critical and Innovative Thinking
- Strong Communicator
- Ability to obtain a 'Q' clearance
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Experiences in working in research and development institutions
- Experiences working in the California Environmental Regulatory business
- Experiences leading and managing an organization
We provide a variety of physical site and Infrastructure needs for a broad suite of National Security programs and customers. This includes Environment, Safety and Health services; Medical Operations including a full-service clinic; and a host of Engineering Services (Machine Shop, Calibration, Test Unit Assembly, and Environmental Testing Services.)
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.