Sandia National Laboratories Manager - Electrical Design and Document Management in Livermore, California
We are seeking a R&D Manager to lead Department 02426 Electrical Design and Document Management.
Department 02426 provides Electrical Computer Aided Design (ECAD) in support of critical SNL/CA Nuclear Weapon mission space as well as ND special projects. Some of our responsibilities include creating schematics, designing printed circuit boards and rigid flex cables, and procuring printed wiring assemblies. We also provide Engineering Data Management (EDM) services for the release and cross-site sharing of production drawings, support documents, engineering authorizations and other engineering data that are critical to the realization of ND product.
On any given day you will be called on to:
- Provide the full suite of design definition products and services for ND designs primarily at the Sandia California site. Partner with the Product Information Management department (2238) in New Mexico for our EDM services.
- Be a vital member of the 02420/02470 leadership team that establishes the strategic direction for Design Engineering and ND Special Projects.
- Develop the solutions to improve efficiency of design processes and increase responsiveness to customer design needs.
- Partner very closely with two co-located 02470 managers of departments who team with 02426 staff and submit electronic files to PRIME/PDM Link data bases for configuration management.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard ECAD and Document Control personnel to support growing ND modernization programs such as the W80-4 and W87-1.
As the manager, you will be physically located at Sandia California and work closely with customers in the ND system, subsystem, component, and surveillance organizations to understand their requirements and ensure that you meet design requirements.
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree in a relevant STEM field and 3 years of demonstrated experience; or Bachelor’s in a relevant STEM subject area plus 8 years demonstrated experience in lieu of an advanced degree
- Minimum of 2 years of management, program management, and/or leadership experience
- Active DOE Q-level security clearance
- Record of managing and/or leading process improvement efforts
- Proven ability to lead sophisticated technical projects
- Experience with ECAD design tools (such as Mentor Graphics, AutoCAD, etc.) and processes
- Understanding and/or experience in nuclear deterrence design definition processes including familiarity with realize product procedures (RPPs), and the Phase 6.X process.
- Knowledge of ND systems, subsystems and components
- Previous experience as a PRT (Product Realization Team) lead or member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the development and delivery of presentations, proposals, reports, and documentation
- Outstanding communication skills in developing trust-based relationships with staff, customers, and peers
Nuclear Deterrence (ND) Special Projects and Design Engineering (DE) both provide mechanical and electrical design definition services for our weapon and non-weapon customers. The design staff in organization 02420 & 02470 respectively are involved in all aspects of the life-cycle design process from model creation through simulation and analysis. In addition, we are responsible for providing access to and configuration management of engineering information.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.