Sandia National Laboratories Logistics Services Technologist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
The successful candidate will work safely and securely, providing exceptional customer service in the support of the CA site mission. They will have the capability of working in various work environments and provide a diverse set of skills. Integrity, punctuality, teaming, attention to detail, ability to understand and implement the department operating procedures and work instructions and be in full support of Integrated Service Delivery.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide site customers with material handling support.
- Team with site line customers and supply chain personnel.
- Perform several functions including receiving, material movement, personnel office moves, and event setups.
- Requires high school diploma plus three or more years of directly related experience
- Working knowledge and experience in warehouse type work
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
- Able to perform in all weather conditions
- Forklift and other Logistics equipment experience
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Ability to provide experience with exceptional customer service
- Ability to follow corporate and department policies, procedures, work instructions, and guidance
- Ability to pass required training
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Clearance
- Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations
- DOE Q-level security clearance
- Ability to team well with others
- Knowledge of SNL Logistics Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions
- Sandia National Laboratories/CA site knowledge
- Shipping and Receiving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications
The Logistics/Transports and Assets Team is responsible for providing a variety of logistics services for the California site including shipping, receiving, hazardous material transportation, mail services, material handling, fleet services, occupant relocations, event setups, corporate storage, and property management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.