Sandia National Laboratories Lead Facilities Construction Manager (Experienced) in Livermore, California
You will provide construction management services to ensure that construction projects meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements. You will oversee construction of capital investment projects performed by Facilities Management while ensuring compliance with Federal and Sandia environment, safety, and health requirements to effectively deliver completed construction projects. In addition, you will coordinate the construction management support and inspection service contractors to schedule and manage all construction work at the California site.
You will receive work from the project manager and perform project development, delivery, and close out tasks. You will provide updates to the project manager on scope, cost, schedule, and quality for all assigned projects.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide solutions to issues in a timely manner.
- Hold preconstruction conferences and construction progress reviews.
- Review contract terms and conditions and oversee construction performance.
- Identify and prepare construction change orders.
- Review construction schedules and invoices for accuracy and make adjustments.
- Ensure coordination of all project work with the existing site infrastructure and personnel to continue critical customer work.
- Comply with established processes including permit requests for construction safety, environmental, and fire protection work hold points.
- Ensure safety on all projects and respond to incidents including support with associated investigations, audits, or occurrences.
- Close out projects by ensuring as-builts are accurate, documents are transferred to record files, and customer accepts project.
- Monitor contract warranty requirements and coordinate follow-up.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or relevant engineering, architecture, or related technical discipline
- Experience in construction management for at least five years
- Demonstrated capability to perform constructability review of design packages
- Ability to establish, review, and meet construction schedules
- Master's degree in relevant discipline
- Experience working at a single site on multiple construction projects
- Ability to perform construction cost estimates based upon recognized guides
- Familiarity with building codes and standards
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential through the Construction Management Association of America or an equivalent certification
- Experience leading a team in construction management
The Project and Construction Management Department is responsible for managing, executing, and inspecting all construction projects at the CA site. This includes modification of buildings, space, and infrastructure systems as well as the design and construction of new facilities to satisfy changing programmatic needs. The team also provides Sandia issued permits, escort support, and environmental & safety guidance through Facilities ES&H (FESH).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.