Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Logistics Clerical Highschool Year Round in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Intern - Logistics Clerical Highschool Year Round
On any given day, you may be called on to assist with property management, including:
- Archiving documents
- Cataloguing of reapplied property
- Other clerical responsibilities as needed
- Experience with warehouse operations
- Experience with logistics operations
The Logistics/Transports and Assets Team is responsible for providing a variety of logistics services for the California site including shipping, receiving, hazardous material transportation, mail services, material handling, fleet services, occupant relocations, event setups, corporate storage, and property management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Attend a high school in or near Livermore
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- The ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- US Citizenship
- Experience filing
- Computer skills
- Good verbal and written communications