Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Human Resources Business Undergraduate Year Round in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Intern Year Round - Business Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist with the intern hiring process including opening jobs, processing paperwork, inputting data, and sending written communications
- Coordinate new hire orientation for interns
- Plan intern summer events
- Assist with departmental reports and metrics
- Contribute to other exciting projects
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently attending a local college or university near the site location in Livermore
- Strong interest/desire to major in business, human resources, finance, or related discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Good Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Serious-but-fun approach to work; sense of humor
- Self-motivated individual who is a go-getter
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Detail oriented
The CA Site Human Resources (HR) Department provides a broad spectrum of HR services to the CA site, including internal movement; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), education, training, & development; new employee orientations; staff augmentation; and counsel and assistance to employees and all levels of management in personnel issues. A critical underpinning for these services is data analysis and software tools for data analysis.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT