Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Design Engineering R&D Undergraduate Year Round in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Intern - Design Engineering R&D Undergraduate Year Round.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Use design principles and CAD software applications to modify/create design solutions
- Expand your knowledge in applying geometric, dimensioning and tolerancing schemes
- Enroll in training or mentor focusing time to develop your knowledge in product design and configuration management
- Sharpen your team, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills as you perform your assigned tasks
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Experience with CAD design and 3D modeling software
- Experience in creating original designs followed through releasing the engineering drawings into our configuration management system (PDMLink)
The Design Engineering Group consists of nine design departments who provides design engineering services to Sandia National Laboratories' engineering staff using Computer Aided Design modeling applications such as Pro/Engineer and SolidWorks. We partner with Product Realization Teams to create high quality design model and drawings of systems, components and layouts including assembly and piece part definition. We focus on programs related to National Security which include nuclear weapons, transportation, satellites, etc.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.