Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Corporate Web Design & Development Services Technical High School Summer in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Intern Summer - Technical High School
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Participate on web development teams and assist with various aspects of web product development projects and web product maintenance
- Assist with some aspect of programming
- Assist with web maintenance, quality assurance, or web analytics
Assignments will vary based on the education, experience, and interest of the selected candidate.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Attending a local high school or living with a parent or legal guardian near the work site if under 18 years of age
- Enrolled full time, as defined by the school
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Minimum 16 years of age
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team
- Basic knowledge of the software development lifecycle and/or the creative design process
- Experience building web pages with HTML and CSS
- Willing to learn how to build web pages with WordPress, HTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following: Web design, Interaction design, Mobile application design and development, Information architecture, Web analytics, and Quality assurance
We are Sandia's go-to team for delivering contemporary, innovative, and awesome information solutions that meet our customers' and users' needs and expectations, and we have fun doing it. We cultivate, expand, and enrich Sandia's information space by providing a high-quality, cost-effective, uniform web presence to the corporation, and we help teams across Sandia use the web to communicate to the Labs and to the rest of the world. Our team includes professional web designers, software engineers, computer scientists, business systems analysts, information management professionals, and project managers.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT