Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Civil & Structural Engineer, Facilities Undergraduate Summer in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Intern - Civil & Structural Engineer, Facilities Undergraduate Summer
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform on site investigations to determine adequacy and/or compliance with standard codes and Sandia requirements
- Perform traffic analysis to determine Sandia's current capabilities for high peak traffic and future demands
- Employ surveying and GPS equipment to collect existing site data, such as utilities, vegetation, illumination, paving, fencing, and other such features. Will employ GIS to categorize and document existing site utilities
- Review contract documents for general conformance, omissions, and/or errors from secondary parties.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
- Enrolled in a civil engineering degree program, or similar course of study
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated work ethic, self-starter, ability to multi task, and follow through on commitments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications
The Partnership and Planning Department supports the mission by establishing long range planning & investment strategies and imp...lamentation plans. The team develops and maintains effective strategic customer partnerships and integrates F&I plans into the investment ...and planning strategies. The team also provides space management, condition, and energy assessments of the facilities and site infrastructure. The Facility Management Coordinators (FMC) provides liaison between line organizations and mission support functions.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.