Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Administrative Support Clerical High School Summer in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Intern - Administrative Support Clerical High School Summer
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide clerical support by performing general administrative duties
- Scanning documents, create files, document preparation utilizing data from excel spreadsheets, uploading files into SharePoint, data entry, and tracking of work completed.
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Attending a local high school or living with a parent or legal guardian near the work site if under 18 years of age
- Enrolled full time, as defined by the school
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Minimum 16 years of age
- U.S. citizenship
- Basic knowledge of and experience with common office software: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Be organized, responsive, and dependable
- Ability to communicate information clearly
- Ability to work efficiently within a team environment
Department Description for Department ID 003133 not found.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT