Sandia National Laboratories Human Resources Student Intern Programs Coordinator (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a human resources associate (job title: Human Resources Support (CA)) to join our California Student Intern Programs team. As a member of the Sandia CA Student Intern Programs team, you will assist with and support activities related to Sandia California's internship program. If you have a record of delivering quality customer service, are successful at balancing multiple tasks simultaneously and enjoy projects, then this role may be a fit for you.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Open intern jobs and process hiring requests
- Prepare and send offer documentation
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new employees
- Prepare reports and participate on projects
- Coordinate events and presentations
- High school diploma plus three or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with reports and data from human resources-related systems
- Experience with common office software, including desktop email programs (such as Outlook), spreadsheet software (such as Microsoft Excel) and Human Resources Information Systems-related software
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L security clearance
- One or more years of human resources experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end
- Experience with recruiting, including students
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability to team and collaborate, problem-solve, take the initiative, and prioritize multiple priorities
- Proven ability to leverage reports and data, with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced capability with Microsoft office business applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
In support of Sandia's mission areas, the Division 8000 Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development team specializes in the following; recruiting and staffing open positions for Division 8000, managing the Student Intern program for CA site, administering the Foreign National Hiring program and immigration processes for the laboratory, delivering training for Division 8000 to meet employee and program needs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.