Sandia National Laboratories Human Resources Associate (Experienced) in Livermore, California
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking a Human Resources Associate (job title: Human Resources Support (CA)) to join our Human Resources Team. As a member of this team you will assist with activities for various human resources functions, including recruiting; employment and staffing; and records and reporting. If you have a record of delivering quality customer service, are successful at balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, and enjoy projects, then this role may be a fit for you.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Screen and route resumes
- Assist in opening job requisitions/postings
- Create and distribute reports as needed, including monthly reports to Staffing Partners
- Assist in managing cases in Oracle Service Cloud
- Conduct employment candidate briefings
- Process job offers, pre-employment contingencies, new hires, internal transfers, and terminations
- Assist with new hire onboarding, which could include processing employment verification and coordinating new employee orientation
- Manage employee records
- Input accurate, complete data into human resources-related systems and ensure integrity of human resources database; troubleshoot complex systems problems
- Act as a front-line resource for customers by resolving inquiries, handling moderately complex situations, and providing interpretations of established policies and guidelines
- High school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with reports and data from human resources-related systems
- Experience with common office software, including desktop email programs (such as Outlook), spreadsheet software (such as Microsoft Excel) and Human Resources Information Systems-related software
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
- One or more years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience with data analytics, job postings, and screening resumes
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end
- Proven ability to team and collaborate, problem-solve, take initiative, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to use reports and data, with excellent attention to deta
In support of Sandia's mission areas, the Division 8000 Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development team specializes in the following; recruiting and staffing open positions for Division 8000, managing the Student Intern program for CA site, administering the Foreign National Hiring program and immigration processes for the laboratory, delivering training for Division 8000 to meet employee and program needs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.