Sandia National Laboratories Human Resources Associate (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Human Resources Associate
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide assistance and support for a full range of human resources activities across multiple organizations. With minimal supervision, complete a wide variety of administrative and special assignments at the para-professional level for one or more human resources functions, including recruitment, records and reporting, employment and staffing, immigration and visas, compensation, employee relations, or learning and employee development.
- Act as front-line resource to resolve inquiries from clients and may handle moderately complex situations and provide interpretations of established Sandia National Laboratories policies and guidelines related to assigned area.
- Apply independent judgment and initiative to perform a wide variety of human resources transactions, such as posting job openings and processing new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Understand and use multiple human resources-related systems for accurate, complete data input; ensures integrity of human resources database; and troubleshoots complex systems problems.
- Serve as subject matter expert or point of contact for one or more human resources policy or program areas; interpret and apply policies; or provide program guidance within assigned area of responsibility.
- Conduct employment candidate briefings; plan, organize and conduct new hire orientations; and represent human resources on center or division task teams.
- Develop creative or innovative solutions to improve business operations or efficiency.
- Assist with recruiting activities by scheduling interviews, identifying recruiting resources, placing advertisements, coordinating career fairs, preparing offer letters, processing background checks and drug screens, and making employment start and relocation arrangements.
- Produce reports and research and analyze human resources data to support human resources business partners or functional specialists. Work with Immigration Specialist to handle immigration paperwork for employment candidates and members of the workforce.
- Make administrative and procedural decisions or judgments on sensitive, confidential issues; recognizing importance of conflicting priorities; and to act accordingly.
High School diploma with three or more years of directly related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven ability to leverage reports and data from human resources systems, with strong attention to detail. Intermediate to advanced capability with Microsoft Office business applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
Human Resources experience. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (or a related field). PHR/SPHR certification and staffing administrative experience. Proven ability to team and collaborate, problem-solve, take the initiative, and juggle multiple priorities. Customer service orientation and experience with a continual process improvement. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Knowledge of record retention requirements.
The HRBP, Diversity & Inclusion, Compensation and Workforce Analytics Department covers a broad spectrum of HR functions. We provide solutions to business challenges including recognizing and retaining employees, handling the Performance and Compensation process, developing and managing the division-wide Diversity & Inclusion efforts, developing and delivering metrics analysis, and conducting candidate briefings, and processing new hire and termination paperwork.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.