Sandia National Laboratories HR Business Partner - NM in Livermore, California
We are seeking an HRBP to support the Energy, Earth and Complex Systems Center, primarily located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The position will be located in Albuquerque, NM. The incumbent will report to the Division 8000 Human Resources Manager located in Livermore, California and will be part of the Division 8000 Human Resources Team. Incumbent will need to travel to Livermore, California for meetings several times per year (potentially bi-monthly - every other month or quarterly).
Provides integrated, full-spectrum human resources consultation to the Energy, Earth and Complex Systems Center, located primarily in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Partners closely with management to implement Sandia National Laboratories human resources policies and procedures and develops strategies and programs at the division, center and group level. Provides consultation, leadership, and solutions in the areas of organizational and employee development, talent management, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, diversity and inclusion, training, and employee relations. Participates in Sandia-wide programs and initiatives. Leads senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development, cultural and process-oriented perspectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverages a deep understanding of the business strategy to provide expert insight and leadership into organizational effectiveness and talent planning and development.
- Coaches business leaders on leading and managing their organizations.
- Acts as a change agent to the business and designs processes and approaches to prepare the organization for ongoing change and transformation.
- Partners with line organizations to help define talent needs and workforce plans and works with management to develop workforce and recruiting strategies that effectively acquire or align talent. Provides support on management postings.
- Leads managementin annual performance and compensation programs.
- Drives the Division Talent Development Program. Leads succession development process in every department. Creates and facilitates learnings. Facilitates leadership integration sesions. Conducts ongoing education about the program.
- Provides human resources project leadership on significant business events within the company, division, center, or group.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to effectively drive the design, implementation, communication, management and enhancement of human resources programs and initiatives.
- Identifies, recommends and designs new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the department and in services performed.
- Provides problem solving consultation to management and employees on a wide variety of complex employee relations issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge in a variety of human resources disciplines.
- Ability to coach, influence, facilite, present, communicate, develop processes, and analyze and solve problems.
- Specialized knowledge of human resources theories, principles, and practices; understanding of human resources as an interrelated system of functional operations; and a strong understanding of federal and state labor laws, industry best practices.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proven competence in resolving simple and complex human resources and organizational issues.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to prepare and present effective oral and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify recurring issues and to develop solutions to resolve those issues.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in both strategic and day-to-day service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of eight or more years of HR experience.
- HR Business Partner experience.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or Business.
- Professional Human Resources certification.
- Experience in an organization with significant employee base of technical or scientific research personnel.
The Sandia/Division 8000 Human Resources (HR) Department provides a broad spectrum of HR services, including performance management, compensation planning, workforce planning, recruiting & staffing, student intern hiring, workforce analytics, diversity & inclusion, employee relations, immigration, and training & development.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT