Sandia National Laboratories Facilities Project Manager (Experienced) in Livermore, California
The Facilities Project Manager has responsibility for successfully delivering multiple construction projects at all stages from concept through completion.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Lead project teams of internal or external engineering and architectural personnel, construction contractors, customers, sponsors, and suppliers, to ensure that the project meets scope, schedule, and cost requirements per DOE Orders and Sandia’s requirements
- Use your experience as an engineer, architect, or relevant technical knowledge to participate in making technical contributions to the project through capturing and developing the customer's technical requirements and providingassurance and constructability reviews
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that the project progresses as planned and identifies and adressesboth technical and non-technical risks, opportunities, and other issues that impact the project during the project execution phase
- Ensure that projects are completed within budget constraints using cost estimation, budget determination, and cost control and effectively addresses budget concerns with the appropriate funding source
- Manage task definition and sequencing, duration estimation, and schedule development and control to ensure that the project is completed on schedule
- Develops and deliver proposals, requirements documentation, progress reports, and presentations for all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external to Sandia
- Bachelors Degree in associated field and 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Experience managing facilities related projects
- Experience performing architecture or engineering design on building systems
- Experience with one or more facilities management processes such as operations, maintenance, document and project management
- Leadership experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Advanced degree in architecture, engineering or a related field
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (PE), Leader in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), and / or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Demonstrated advanced computer technicAal skills including experience with a computerized scheduling system and AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
The Project and Construction Management Department is responsible for managing, executing, and inspecting all construction projects at the CA site. This includes modification of buildings, space, and infrastructure systems as well as the design and construction of new facilities to satisfy changing programmatic needs. The team also provides Sandia issued permits, escort support, and environmental & safety guidance through Facilities ES&H (FESH).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT