Sandia National Laboratories Facilities & Operations Professional (Experienced) (multiple openings) in Livermore, California
The CA site facilities team at Sandia National Laboratories is growing in the areas of including engineering, operations, maintenance, planning, and project / construction management.
Are you passionate about your work and want to join a dynamic and diverse team? Are you passionate about customer needs and exceeding expectations? If so, you could be the highly motivated Facilities & Operations Professional (Operations & Eng Lead) we are seeking to join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining our buildings and utilities, working on constructs of new facilities and providing site services for customers.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
- Use engineering and technical expertise to work with customers to define and negotiate facility system requirements that enable mission function and performance.
- Identify potential facilities operational risks, develop risk mitigation strategies and corrective actions, and recommend risk acceptance or avoidance for facilities operations.
- Partner with Facilities Planners to develop conceptual project requirements to meet customer and mission support requirements, as well as define and direct the necessary resources to enable successful project execution.
- Apply expertise and experience in various engineering disciplines to make discernments crucial to enable the facility delivery of mission requirements.
There are multiple opportunities in all areas of our organization.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (engineering, architecture, or similar technical discipline) plus 5 or more years of experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following area: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, operations, maintenance, planning, and project / construction management, civil engineering, structural engineering, or architecture.
- Shown ability to team across disciplines.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with building codes and standards (I-Codes).
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to monitor and run operation budgets, including discretionary spending plans.
- Ability to obtain Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) certification or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Our organization operates and maintains existing buildings and utilities; modifies, and constructs new buildings; demolishes substandard structures; and provides site services for customers. This includes providing a variety of logistics services including shipping, receiving, hazardous material transportation, mail services, material handling, fleet services, occupant relocations, event setups, corporate storage, and property management. We enable current-day and future mission success through teaming with the mission in strategic planning that establishes priorities and focuses efforts to nurture and advance the capabilities of our facilities, infrastructure, and operations. We strive to accomplish these activities in an efficient, flexible, safe, and cost-effective manner while creating a work environment that helps attract and retain the best employees to support the objectives of both Sandia and the Department of Energy.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.