Sandia National Laboratories Facilities Management Tactical Space Planner (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an experienced Tactical Space Planner (Tactical Planner) who will be responsible for the short-term management of space and support strategic space solutions. You will be responsible for a specific customer-facing space portfolio.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Know the flux of staff and their space requirements
- Team with other Tactical and Strategic Planners to develop and implement a cohesive space strategy for the CA site
- Develop the scope and budget, communicate, coordinate, and oversee space needs, requests, and modifications with cross-functional teams
- Partner with your customers to understand the occupancy, space requirements and flux of staff to assign space within your assigned portfolio
- Understand the design basis and building system capacities to ensure that HVAC, electrical and communication infrastructure, and physical layout will support customer needs
- Conduct space utilization studies to include laboratory, office, storage, and conference rooms
- Maintain accurate space data to support drawing systems, databases, reports, and metrics
- Utilize your experience managing complex logistics and implementing project management practices
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus 4 or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience with interior design spatial analysis of furniture and office layouts
- Experience using IBM Facilities Management System (TRIRIGA) or similar software system
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Q-level security clearance
- Knowledge of Sandia's facility and operational policies, practices, and procedures
- Ability to exercise initiative as well as the acumen to manage and complete multiple priorities
- Knowledge of legal requirements and environmental impacts affecting facility management and operations
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or other three-dimensional modeling software
- Ability to read engineering schematics and architectural drawings, including design details and specifications
- Ability to collect, manage and analyze data, create graphs and tables, prepare reports, and prepare and deliver effective presentations
The Partnership and Planning Department supports the mission by establishing long range planning & investment strategies and implementation plans. The team develops and maintains effective strategic customer partnerships and integrates facilities & infrastructure plans into the investment and planning strategies. The team also provides space management, condition, and energy assessments of the facilities and site infrastructure.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.