Sandia National Laboratories Facilities Management CADD Technologist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
The Facilities Management organization is looking for a CAD Designer (Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technologist) with experience in Building Systems and Infrastructure Engineering. The CAD Designer will be responsible for preparing clear, complete, and accurate plans and detailed drawing sets, which include creating/designing new drawing files, as-building, and updating existing/new facilities drawings.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work closely with Planning, Engineering, Project, and Operations teams
- Read, understand, decipher, and transfer information from project documents, perform field verification and measurements for accuracy of drawings, and plot/file drawing information
- Prepare technical proposals for products or concepts including descriptions of proposed designs as well as other data required to ensure accuracy and quality specifications of their design
- Review completed drawings and other documentation for adherence to Sandia drafting standards and specifications
- Independently perform field survey and verifications of conditions to create new/update existing drawings
- High school diploma plus 5 or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years experience in multi-discipline CADD in fields such as but not limited to: architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, fire, and plumbing
- 5 years experience in AutoCAD 2018 or newer software
- Experience in use of layering, dimensioning, layouts, plotting, and external reference use
- Proficient in common office software (such as Microsoft Office suite), Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Q-level security clearance
- Formal education in CAD drafting and design
- Ability to develop schematics, details elevations, sketches, isometrics, and floor plans to Sandia standards
- Ability to effectively interpret sketches and drawings based on design intent
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a Geographic Information System
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to perform mathematical computations and formulas as related to engineering design
- Experience developing and maintaining design standards
- Experience with modeling tools such as Revit or other BIM platforms
- Implement configuration management processes to assure up-to-date information for projects, operations, and engineering teams
- Experience developing and managing an asset management program
The Partnership and Planning Department supports the mission by establishing long range planning & investment strategies and implementation plans. The team develops and maintains effective strategic customer partnerships and integrates facilities & infrastructure plans into the investment and planning strategies. The team also provides space management, condition, and energy assessments of the facilities and site infrastructure.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.