Sandia National Laboratories Environmental Technologist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Environmental Technologist (Experienced) to provide support for hazardous waste and environmental monitoring.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join this diverse and passionate team of high performing individuals and achieve success while making a difference.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Review and process hazardous waste disposal requests
- Perform pick-ups, packaging and storage of hazardous and radioactive waste
- Perform chemical characterization of waste
- Coordinate the shipment of lab packs, bulk drum and roll offs with waste disposal contractor and prepare manifests, bills of lading and other related paperwork
- Provide support to onsite personnel with waste generation, storage, accumulation requirements
- Participate on the site spill response team
- Perform wastewater, groundwater, and storm water sampling
- Provide field support for environmental compliance and chemical management programs
- Oversee operation of and monitor liquid effluent control system tanks
- Assist technical staff in developing and implementing safe work practices and procedures
- High school diploma plus 5 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with environmental sampling, handling and managing hazardous materials and waste
- Experience with environmental compliance, specifically with hazardous waste
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
- Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations
- Ability to lift and maneuver waste containers and packages, and environmental equipment
- Ability to use personal protective equipment, including a respirator
The SNL/California Environmental Management Department is responsible for the implementation of all environmental programs and activities at the Livermore site in support of research and development in combustion, bio-defense, energy and nuclear security disciplines. The department implements five Environmental programs (Air Quality, Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Planning, Waste Management and Pollution Prevention).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.