Sandia National Laboratories Environmental Professional (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Environmental Professional (Environmental Technical Professional) to join our team.
You will implement and administer the Environmental Planning Program and lead National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) reviews, environmental sustainability, and environmental compliance reporting. You may also support one or more of the following environmental programs: air quality compliance, ground and waste water compliance, environmental remediation, hazardous and radiological waste management, pollution prevention and waste minimization, and ecology, You will team with researchers, operations staff, and management to achieve program efficiency and success while meeting regulatory requirements.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Identify and analyze environmental effects of complex research projects, site operations, and infrastructure improvements.
- Prepare environmental reports for public distribution.
- Develop and implement environmental procedures, understands the technical aspects of regulations and determine the best approaches for compliance for a wide variety of operations.
Prepare environmental reports for public distribution.Develop and implement environmental procedures, understands the technical aspects of regulations and determine the best approaches for compliance for a wide variety of operations.
- You have a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You are proficient at Microsoft Word and Excel
- You can obtain and maintain a DOE L security clearance.
•Demonstrated technical writing skills.
•Experience conducting environmental reviews and analyses of complex projects.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The SNL/California Environmental Management Department is responsible for the implementation of all environmental programs and activities at the Livermore site in support of research and development in combustion, bio-defense, energy and nuclear security disciplines. The department implements five Environmental programs (Air Quality, Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Planning, Waste Management and Pollution Prevention).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.