Sandia National Laboratories Engineering Document Control Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Engineering Document Control Technologist
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Monitor released engineering data and coordinate with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities
- Establish procedures for and implement the introduction of changes to engineering documents
- Ensure that customer requirements are implemented, and review change accounting activity to ensure compliance with engineering document control policies
- Update engineering documents, such as drawings, reports, and specifications, for an assigned program; process engineering change orders; and administer identification, control, and accounting activities for systems, components, and equipment, in accordance with requirements
- Analyze proposed changes in product design to determine effect on documents such as drawings, test specifications, and manuals, and ensures that all documents have required approvals
- Compile release packages, ensuring all documentation is present
- Notify appropriate departments of any new or updated data
- Maintain audit trails
- Research and resolve inconsistencies with design, production, or materials
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of the basic principles of configuration control
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word and Excel abilities
- Database experience
- Active DOE Q level security clearance or equivalent and ability to pass a polygraph
- Ability to work closely with the team in a dynamic environment
- Requires a keen attention to detail and a desire to carefully manage documentation
- Advanced skills working with databases
- VBA experience
Department 8413 supports a range of product-focused, engineering activities for national security related applications to include efforts associated with the current and future U.S. nuclear stockpile. These activities span all phases of the product life cycle from concept exploration to production, deployment, and sustainment. The Department specializes in systems engineering for capabilities requiring high confidence, quality, and reliability. Specific activities include performing project management, developing requirements and concepts of operation, performing trade studies, generating technical documentation, leading system design activities, developing and testing prototype systems, overseeing production activities, qualifying systems, assessing system reliability and performance, fielding and supporting operational capabilities, and performing configuration management. This work is executed with an array of mission partners across a spectrum of security boundaries.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.