Sandia National Laboratories Electronics Technologist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
The Weapons Subsystems 1 group is looking to add a new member to the team! We are seeking an experienced R&D Electronics Technologist to join a multidisciplinary team in designing and developing advanced electronic subsystems.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support the development of various electronic subsystems that employ state-of-the-art technology in low-power operation, high reliability, and operation in extreme environments
- Fabricate through-hole or surface mount prototype electronics
- Design and layout prototype printed circuit boards
- Build and test development hardware
- Support environmental (temperature, shock, vibration) testin
Design software for test equipment
Other responsibilities include:
Ability to create innovative solutions to difficult technical problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of test results and reports
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment and work cooperatively with other internal organizations, as well as external production facilities
- High school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain DOE Q level security clearance
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in electronics technology or related field
- Active DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience operating electronics test equipment
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout software (Mentor DxDesigner/Xpedition, Altium Designer, EAGLE)
- IPC solder training and certification
- Experience with NI Labview
The Weapon Subsystems 1 department develops and supports advanced electronic and mechanical weapon subsystems for high consequence applications requiring exceptionally high confidence, quality and reliability. These projects enhance the safety and security of assets that are critical to U.S. national security, including the nation's nuclear weapons stockpile.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.