Sandia National Laboratories Electronics Technologist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking an Electronics Technologist to join a multidisciplinary team in designing, developing, and testing electronic subsystems.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Find and implement innovative technical solutions to non-routine issues that occur in the laboratory space
- Build and test development hardware
- Assist test setup and safety walkthroughs
- Analyze test data and recommend modifications to components or test procedures
- Design software for test equipment
- Oversee laboratory equipment repair and calibration
- Setup and maintain ESD workspace
- Create and maintain environmental, safety, and health-related documentation
- Design and layout prototype printed circuit boards
- Support environmental (temperature, shock, vibration) testing
- Requires high school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. May have secondary education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance
- Ability to travel (5-10%)
- Active DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance
- At least two years’ experience in benchtop testing and troubleshooting of electronic circuits
- Experience working with RF circuits and associated test equipment (e.g., spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.)
- Experience with NI LabView
- Experience with Matlab, Excel, Python, Unix, or Linux
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical fabrication such as: 3D printing, printed wiring board rework, and soldering
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of test results and reports
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT