Sandia National Laboratories Database Support Technologist (Experienced) in Livermore, California
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art concepts to explore solutions? Do you want ot join a dynamic team that solves critical issues for our nation's security?
We are seeking a highly motivated Database Support Technologist to join our team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide 24/7/365 operational support to a variety of customers and their dynamic missions
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot complex IT systems and networks in real-time
- Communicate with Sandia customers and leadership status on mission activities on a daily basis
- Support design and engineering efforts on new capabilities with our development team
- Utilize cutting edge custom software applications that address complicated customer challenges
- High school diploma plus three or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position supports a 24/7/365 facility which requires rotating, day and/or night, 12-hour shifts, within a 3 on-2 off-2 on-3 off schedule, which by its nature includes mandatory overtime. (5 12-hour shifts in a given 10-day period)
- Ability to work any shift in a 24-hour/day, 7-day/week operation on a rotational basis including weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime
- Active U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q level security clearance or active clearance with another US government agency, e.g., DOD, to be considered for this position
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test
- Experience working in mission focused environments with access to sensitive and classified information
The Special Programs Operations (SPO) Department is responsible for executing and coordinating a variety of classified efforts at SNL's California site. These critical efforts entail providing communications services to multiple customers. We work closely with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Department of Defense (DoD), and Intelligence Community (IC) to accomplish these efforts. The centerpiece to this effort is the manning and support of an on-site 24/7/365 Mission Support operations center. We also have charters to 1) Develop processes and procedures for the acceptance, operationalization, and accreditation of new capabilities. 2) Manage ongoing accreditation of the IT and software systems, 3) Develop of state-of-the-art IT systems to reduce the total lifecycle costs for the broad range of capabilities being executed.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q security clearance to start.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.