Sandia National Laboratories Creative Designer (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Creative designer to provide design support to Division 8000 and the Energy and Homeland Security Portfolio, including design for proposals, presentations, reports,and more. In addition, leverage your technical expertise to program interactive kiosks to deploy around the site, create engaging interactive content for kiosks, etc. You will work with customers to define project requirements and provide advice on best processes and procedures for optimal visual presentation. Creative Designers are responsible for a wide-range of routine-to-complex projects such as: charts and graphs, flow diagrams, infographics, presentation visuals, illustrations, publication design, cover designs, brochures, posters, and logos.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Photography, Communications, Media, or related field.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of typography, white space, and color theory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, and management.
- Knowledge of production tools and methodology, and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work under tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills in workflow, deadline adherence and file organization.
- Customer oriented with a high sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Collaborative team player.
- Experience working with digital content.
- Experience working with PowerPoint.
- Experience with technical, isometric illustration.
- Strong focus on continuous learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The Division 8000 Communications Department provides a broad range of services including, public and media relations, community relations, internal communications, employee engagement, sponsor and customer communications, creative services, and technical writing.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.