Sandia National Laboratories Contracts Generalist (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Contracts Generalist to join our Telemetry group.
In this fast-paced team environment, you would routinely perform a variety of contracts functions.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform contract administration for multiple vendors
- Prepare statements of work in conjunction with technical subject matter experts
- Prepare purchase requisitions
- Process purchase orders through a Contract Purchasing Agreement (CPA)
- Review and approve invoices
- Design processes / templates / procedures to enhance workflow
- Keep organization updated on new or upcoming procurement policies and procedures
- Work strategically to solve problems / issues between Telemetry and Procurement departments
- Ensure suppliers comply with contract provisions scope, price, schedule, quality
- Handle tracking and administration of contracts, acquisition planning, and perform contract evaluations
- Support kitting efforts by compiling parts to send off to PWA vendors
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior purchasing experience
- Experience negotiating price terms and conditions
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance
- Knowledge of and experience with common office software.
- Three or more years of purchasing experience
- Knowledge and experience with purchasing quality requirements
- Active DOE Q security clearance
- Excellent oral / written communication, customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Experience as a contract administrator for a government entity.
- Experience handling contracts through a CPA
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel, including the ability to build and manage effective working relationships.
- Experience working in a Telemetry or ND organization.
- Advanced level working knowledge and proven experience using the Common Operating Environment MS Windows software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Outlook.
About Our Team
Sandia California's Telemetry and Stockpile Support Department develops and maintains telemetry systems in support of the nuclear deterrence surveillance mission. Telemetry systems has responsibility for all aspects of telemetry development, including conceptual design, prototype development and testing, and transitioning production work to DOE production agencies. Telemetry systems integrate precision sensor electronics and signal conditioning with RF communication systems to support flight testing of Joint Test Assemblies. Work is performed by teams of electrical engineers and mechanical engineers, in partnership with quality engineering, reliability engineering, and project management. Current development mission assignments include the W88 ALT370 JTA8 project, the W78 JTA6R project, the W76 JTA3 project, and the W87-1 EFTU and JTA10 projects. Stockpile support oversees the quality, reliability, and availability of all qualified telemetry systems that are being used in the on-going surveillance mission.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.