Sandia National Laboratories Contracts Generalist (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a Contracts Generalist to join our Facilities Management Group.
In this fast-paced team environment, you would routinely perform a variety of contracts functions.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform contract administration of multiple maintenance, operations, and construction service contracts
- Prepare statements of work in conjunction with technical subject matter experts
- Prepare purchase requisitions
- Handle tracking and administration of contracts, acquisition planning, and perform contract evaluations
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of facilities engineering, operations, and maintenance best practices and contracting practices.
- Knowledge of and experience with common office software.
- Excellent oral / written communication, customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Experience as a contract administrator for a government entity.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel, including the ability to build and manage effective working relationships.
- Experience working in a Facilities Management organization.
- Advanced level working knowledge and proven experience using the Common Operating Environment MS Windows software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Outlook.
The Project and Construction Management Department is responsible for managing, executing, and inspecting all construction projects at the CA site. This includes modification of buildings, space, and infrastructure systems as well as the design and construction of new facilities to satisfy changing programmatic needs. The team also provides Sandia issued permits, escort support, and environmental & safety guidance through Facilities ES&H (FESH).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.