Sandia National Laboratories Business Management Professional (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
We are seeking a creative and motivated Business Management Professional to join our dynamic, multi-disciplinary team. Do you like providing vital information to your customers? Are you passionate about using your experience to analyze funding and report data? In this role, you will partner with and support Center 8700 and its senior managers, managers, PIs, and staff.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Learn about the groups' business needs
- Create and run reports and analytics
- Monitor costing of activities, cost estimates, and all financial aspects of the Center
- Partner closely with your peers and the technical line to meet operational requirements
- Manage process improvements and facilitate integrated, multidisciplinary solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus 1 or more years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and its associated functions, such as processing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q security clearance
- Experience with Oracle and/or other financial reporting systems. Broad business experience in multiple disciplines.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Interest in being an integral part of teams that include a variety of engineering disciplines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and on teams to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel, including the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written formats.
- Active DOE Q security clearance
Department 8152 is Mission Partners in Broader National Security.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.