Sandia National Laboratories Business Management Professional (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
The selected candidate will be part of the Center Operating Team providing operations support to the 8800 Senior Management Team. The selected candidate will work various issues related to Facilities, Financial Operations, Management of Capabilities and the overall Business Rhythm.
Using knowledge, experience, and expertise in business, strategy, finance and infrastructure operations, establishes and leads a continuum of business operations in partnership with the leadership of organizations, projects, and programs. Provides decision support, financial resource management, critical thinking and analysis; strategic planning and execution; policy guidance; proposal development; workforce planning/resource management; project management; quality assurance; and risk analysis to various levels of leadership, including executive and senior leadership. Analyzes financial and budget operations, processes, resources, trends, and projections to determine the cost-efficient methods to accomplish mission objectives. Assumes responsibility for ensuring business success by managing deliverables, program integration, and financial planning and analysis. Provides leadership with clear, compelling communication tools on complex business analyses, issues and recommendations. Serves as the subject matter expert on financial and business policies and procedures, financial and business management principles, and Cost Accounting Standards. Leads and/or teams to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems to improve business operations and support mission objectives.
Primary Job Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong education, knowledge, and experience in business management. - Working knowledge of Sandia National Laboratories and the organization's structure; National Nuclear Security Administration; U.S. Department of Energy; and Sandia policies and procedures in financial areas such as budget formulation, construction, capital equipment, general plant projects, Sandia Partnership Projects, work authorization, cost allowability and cost accounting standards. - Knowledge and experience translating strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning processes and systems to support strategic priorities and obtaining and allocating needed resources to meet objectives and deliverables. - Knowledge and experience in accounting and financial concepts and principles; project administration; and controls activities. - Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience with common office software and required software for specialized functions, organizations, and programs. - Experience conducting budget formulation, budget execution, financial analyses, funding practices and fiscal administration. - Experience and judgment in determining cost-effective methods to meet the mission of the organization, program or project. - Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to resolve complex business issues. - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively present detailed information in a clear and coherent manner including the ability to communicate the meaning and implications of financial indicators and ability to manage overall financial performance and use financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities. - Ability to organize, establish priorities, lead, and execute business and financial assignments to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities. - Ability to integrate with leadership and interact effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel to build effective working relations, reach consensus, negotiate and address a broad range of business issues. - Ability to understand and work within complex systems and the agility to move between strategic and tactical levels. - Ability to integrate with technical project and organization teams and be a team player. - Ability to identify deficiencies at the organizational level and develop strategies to improve the organization's responsibility. - Ability to work with sensitive information and classified matter.
- Bachelor's in Business or related discipline plus 2 years experience; or Master's degree in Business or related discipline;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance.
- Strong education, knowledge, and experience in business management functions;
- Knowledge and experience in project administration;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to organize and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities;
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks;
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
The Business Ops team provides support in the areas of finance with an emphasis on budget and cost estimations, projections and overall project management. A majority of the center's financial activities are represented in the E&HS Portfolio, with a diverse set of customers. In the development of contracts (SPP) their unique funding requirements, coupled with SNL intellectual property rights are considerations during the placing of these contracts and business partners work side-by-side with their technical partner. The business team provides the financial reports, process guidance and creates the communication data to report successes and capabilities for the technical partners in 8800.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT