Sandia National Laboratories Business Management Professional (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
The Division 8000 Business Operations team, Organization 8157, currently has an opening for a Business Management Professional (BMP) to provide business support to Center 8500, CA Site Operations. Using an Integrated Service Delivery approach, the BMP will partner with organizations throughout both the CA and NM sites and lead activities to successfully accomplish Center 8500 goals.
On any given day, in collaboration with other business operations staff, a BMP provides:
- Provides decision support to leadership on a broad range of business areas including financial planning, resource management, trends and projections, workforce acquisition planning, and business processes.
- Advises management on corporate policy interpretation/application, and recommends implementation options, and associated risks.
- Works collaboratively and/or leads cross-functional teams to facilitate and drive integrated, multi-disciplinary solutions to complex operational problems and/or align with mission/strategic objectives.
- Prepares financial plans, monitors implementation of financial policies, prepares regular and special-purpose reports, maintains historical records, analyzes trends, establishes cost rates and personnel forecasts, prepares comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds, and determines rationale for variances between costs and budgets.
- Prepares budgets, project schedules, and statistical reports and recommends measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, and funding allocations.
- Leads and/or participates in proposal call submissions; contribute, review, and advise on proposal elements; develops detailed cost estimates/budget justifications, manage and contribute to requirements for accepting proposals post award.
- Develops business processes to facilitate program/project management. Uses quality and project management methodology and tools to identify, evaluate, and improve complex business and technical problems. Implements project planning and controls, including WBS design, baseline cost plan, cost estimation, and performance analysis and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Excel and financial analysis
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance
- Active Q or Top-Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sandia’s business structure, processes, and tools.
- Experience working with the Department of Energy, the National Nuclear Security Administration, or the Department of Defense.
Center 8100, the Energy and homeland Security Program Management Center, leads strategy development, program management, customer engagement, and quality assurance for the Energy and homeland Security Program Portfolio. The Center provides business operations - including business development, program management, financial analysis, communications, procurement, quality assurance, and human resources - for all of Division 8000. Organization 8157, the Division Business Operations Team enables mission success by strategically partnering to provide solutions across the business continuum. We matrix business and project management professionals to partner with our California Site Operations team to provide integrated solutions through linked business services and division 8000 assurance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.