Sandia National Laboratories Business Management Professional (Early Career) in Livermore, California
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative Business Management Professional to support the project management needs of our Broader National Security projects. You will collaborate with technical teams to apply end-to-end project management principles to an array of technical projects.
The selected candidate will partner with a diverse business team to support technical program leadership, project managers, principal investigators, and staff to ensure quality delivery of all customer anticipated deliverables, internal and external assurance reporting, and financial management across a variety of national security projects. The ability to apply general business operations skills and financial concepts will be crucial for success. This position is based in California.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with the project technical leads to execute project management activities. Activities include project initiation, project plan development, project execution, project monitoring and controls, and project close outs, including WBS design, schedule and cost baselines, quality planning, resource management, and performance reporting and analysis.
- Use quality and project management methodology and tools to provide detailed analysis and reporting.
- Ensure consistency of business practices, quality standards, and project management techniques across a diverse set of work within the program, and in alignment with customer and portfolio requirements.
- Research, capture, assemble, and evaluate project information or data and recommend sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance
- Knowledge of project management principles, including standard guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, recommend potential courses of action, obtain agreement from partners and customers, and implement identified solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Knowledge of financial tools and systems to perform financial analysis and manage and monitor costs and budgets.
- Ability to integrate with technical project teams and partner effectively.
The Homeland Security and Defense Systems Mission Partner Department (8137) provides business solutions to the Broader National Security Technical Partners (Center 8700). Our team manages the suite of business requirements across the center including project management, project controls, financial management and operations support.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.